Friday, August 15, 2008

First Post!

I figured that if I was going to have a blog chronicling my travels, I'd better start using it... So here goes:

Currently I'm finishing up my summer job at Camp (Camp Walt Whitman, for those who don't know) - the summer was challenging, amazing, wonderful, tiring, and fleeting. I wouldn't have traded it for any other summer - I honestly got paid to hike all day long, play in rivers, and hang out with Narva. Can't beat that. Things however are a bit hectic - I have yet to find a way to slow down the whirlwind which has become my life post college graduation. Immediately following Skidmore I came to camp and worked to help get the place set up, well over a month before kids ever actually arrived, and now following camp I immediately find myself leaving the country (with a quick 10 day layover in Seattle) for a year, traveling to China to teach, yet speaking absolutely zero Chinese (whose excited for total immersion?!?). At some point I imagine I'll have to stop for about six months, catch my breath, and figure out what the hell is going on, but that day may take a while...

I fly back to Seattle in just over 12 hours, so I'm going to attempt a few hours of sleep before packing and hopping on a plane. I'll try and post again soon and explain how in gods name I came about a random last minute teaching job at a Chinese University, as it makes for a good story.

Hugs and Kisses,
Nick

No comments: