Monday, November 10, 2008

We Now Return You to Your Regularly Scheduled Program...

So lets talk pictures.

I've gone for a couple of very satisfying walks the last few days, mostly because the weather has been exceptional. The temperature is definitely dropping quickly, but the brilliant blue skies and large amounts of sunshine have been making up for it. The wind has been blowing rather briskly, which has worked wonders on the local air quality, something we all have grown to appreciate.

Anyhow, on these walks I have noticed several things... First, I found some bigger Cannons:

I don't think this really needs further explanation, other than these ones are way more badass. Luckily, they are not parked anywhere near my apartment currently.

Next, I finally saw a Chinese fire truck! Karrin and I were walking back from downtown and the FD was at Xintan, apparently doing some sort of demonstration...

I do love a sweet fire truck... If I were able to speak Chinese I would have totally asked for a tour. Oh well.

Last we have my personal favorite of the week, compressed gas cylinders:

I have to say, this is certainly my preferred method of transporting large compressed gas cylinders: on an electric three-wheeled cart, roaring around the congested streets of Qufu, using a person - sitting on the tank - as a restraining device, all the while smoking, as to ensure that only one hand is being used for driving, and to add that extra level of zest to life which only comes from smoking around compressed gas cylinders. Lord knows what was actually in the tank, but I'd be curious to find out. It was probably either air or helium, but I'd like to think either oxygen or hydrogen. Just for funzies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jusu Christe!